cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Complaints about Prime 2.0

ptc-3836306
1-Newbie

Complaints about Prime 2.0

Would someone from confirm or correct my understanding of the missing features below, and let me know which have been reinstated on Prime 3.0?

1. You can't change font size for math expressions.

2. You can't wrap a math expression to a new line.

3. You can't spell check.

4. You can't print preview.

5. You cant add title and axis labels to graphs.

6 REPLIES 6

DAVID MATIA wrote:

Would someone from confirm or correct my understanding of the missing features below, and let me know which have been reinstated on Prime 3.0?

Number 1 can be done in Prime 3. All the others are still missing in Prime 3. I dont understand #4 - If you preview you usually don't want to print and if you print you won't need a preview anyway.

I wonder if those 5 points really are the only missing points you had spotted. For me that list would be virtually endless (especially if you compare Prime with Mathcad).

There were a number of printing issues in MC14. I would use print preview to avoid wasting paper. The printing issues seem to have been solved, but it would still be nice to have. I think Prime 2.0 is the first software I've used in 15 or 20 years without a print preview button.

Those were the five that annoyed me yesterday. I'm sure others have their own lists. In 2010 we presented an issue with MC14 where files would not save correctly, and get destroyed, if you were using too much memory. That issue being fixed is the ONLY reason I'm using Prime. The rest of my office is still on 14, just watching there memory usage.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-3836306)

Did you not get a free version of Mathcad 15 with your Prime license?

We are a small site among the very large company of UTC. I don't know the details of our licenses, but Prime 2.0 is what IT gave me to see if the problem really had been fixed.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I suggest to ask your IT department to install Mathcad 15 and run with that.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

DAVID MATIA wrote:

You have barley scratched the surface here . Unfortunately Prime 3.0 is still missing a lot of features.

Top Tags