cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Complex Hermite Polynomials

ptc-4236271
1-Newbie

Complex Hermite Polynomials

I am working on a physics problem whose solution involves an expansion over a set of Hermite polynomials with complex arguments. Unfortunately the built in Hermites in Mathcad 15 do not accept complex arguments. Aside from calculating the functions myself using the well known recursion, does anyone know a convenient way to evaluate Hermites with complex arguments?

I'm a little surprised that Mathcad has a problem here.

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you Vladimir,

This helped me to figure out the approach. In the end I wrote a three line program that computes the functions recursively from the first two polynomials. Its not always easy though to set things up for the most efficient computation when the number of terms and the number of points to enumerate is large.

Peter

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4236271)

Why don't you try uploading a worksheet. Someone on here could have a work around.

Mike

Hello!

Peter Rosenthal wrote:

... does anyone know a convenient way to evaluate Hermites with complex arguments?...

I hope the attached materials will be useful.

Thank you Vladimir,

This helped me to figure out the approach. In the end I wrote a three line program that computes the functions recursively from the first two polynomials. Its not always easy though to set things up for the most efficient computation when the number of terms and the number of points to enumerate is large.

Peter

No problem.

Thank you Vladimir,

Peter

Top Tags