cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Contour Plot Query

pisaza
1-Newbie

Contour Plot Query

I was wondering if anyone knew how to reverse the direction of an axis on a contour plot in Mathcad Prime 2.0? I really want to see if this is possible without having to resort to detailing negative values on the axis. I also wanted to know if there was any way to modify the attributes (font type, bold, size, etc) on the numbers labelling the axis of the plot? Finally, is there a way to directly save the plot as an image of any kind?

Thanks a bunch.

4 REPLIES 4
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:pisaza)

Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, the answer to all three questions is "no". And its not better in Prime 3.

I was afraid of that. Thanks a million for your swift reply!

In MathCad.

Play with the basic data not the axis. You can subtract from the largest and negate. You can swap the columns of matrices. You can use indexes into the data you want to contour and play with the indexes as the axis values.

Snipping tools are available to capture the image.

Um it works on my machine. Select the graph. Press Ctl-C for copy. Go to paint with a very small sized white graphic in the window. Press Ctl-V for paste. It enlarges the small graphic to the size of the pasted object.

Make your graphs big in the software before copying.

That is how this GIS northing and easting contour map is put up the right way with north up the page.

Real data from Shuttle Radar Topography Mission. Converted to easting northings from several tiles that meet on this map and then adjusted to put north up the page. Cut and Pasted as a graphic. This one it is the indexes into the dataset that is reversed. This way it simply plots the proper way round.

Contours.jpg

Pedro,

The indexing of the three columns used as the input to the contour plot is the trick

UTM(a,b) is a function that calcs the relevant E/N in UTM.

Contours2.jpg

Top Tags