cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Conversion between Co-ordinates

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Conversion between Co-ordinates

I have been given co-ordinates shown in the attached worksheet from a client. I have been given 2 points which have Plant and corresponding OSGB co-ordinates.

Can anyone suggest a method of converting between them.

I have calculated that there is a difference of 35 degrees between Project and True North.

Cheers

Mike

4 REPLIES 4

These numbers look startlingly familiar; were they posted on Eng-Tips a short while back?

I remeber having some difficulty with the apparent scaling. Your project coordinates show a change in position of 20,000 out of 100,000, but your Ordnance Survey values show rather paltry changes on the order of 10 or 20 out of 200,000. Are these coordinates scaled somehow? If they're supposed to be 1:1, then there's something wrong with one of the coordinate sets.

TTFN

IRstuff
3-Visitor
(To:IRstuff)

Oh, or are the decimal points, commas?

TTFN

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I have seem to have answered my own problem.

Please see attached sheet. The worksheet is a little long winded because it will have to be unofficially submitted to our client for indication purposes.

Cheers

Mike

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Unless someone is planning on working in exactly the same location within the UK, I doubt that the numbers have been posted before.

I should have stated that the Project co-ordinates are in mm and OSGB in m.

The only relation they have is the difference in angle between the Northings.

Cheers

Mike

Top Tags