cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Conversion of xmcd and mcd files to Mathcad Prime

SteveWerkema
3-Visitor

Conversion of xmcd and mcd files to Mathcad Prime

Mathcad Prime 6.0 xmcd, mcd converter fails to covert files created with Mathcad 14.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thats what i was talking about in my first answer.

Did you look at the xml file your posted? Its the protocol of the conversion and contains the error message

"Mathcad 15 M010 or a later version is necessary to run the converter. Please install the latest version of Mathcad 15 and then restart the converter."

You need to download and install Mathcad 15 to be able to convert files from real Mathcad to Prime.

If you bought a license for Prime you are also entitled to use Mathcad 15.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Can you attach this file here?

Here it is. Thanks for looking at it.

Thats what i was talking about in my first answer.

Did you look at the xml file your posted? Its the protocol of the conversion and contains the error message

"Mathcad 15 M010 or a later version is necessary to run the converter. Please install the latest version of Mathcad 15 and then restart the converter."

You need to download and install Mathcad 15 to be able to convert files from real Mathcad to Prime.

If you bought a license for Prime you are also entitled to use Mathcad 15.

I'm using a trial version of Mathcad Prime to check it's compatibility with work I've done with previous versions of Mathcad. I don't have a license for Mathcad 15. The only version I have is Mathcad 14.

Apparently the converter took all of my .xmcd files and appended a .xml suffix. I attached the wrong file to my last post. The original .xmcd file is attached here. When I run the Mathcad Prime 6.0.0.0 XMCD, MCD converter on this file it gives me the message "Conversion failed." at the bottom of the window.

@SteveWerkema wrote:

Apparently the converter took all of my .xmcd files and appended a .xml suffix.

No! The xml files are the conversion logs- kind of text files. They contain information when something during the conversion went wrong (in your case it said that Mathcad 15 was missing) or when the converted files differs from the original one.

I attached the wrong file to my last post. The original .xmcd file is attached here..

Find attached the file converted to Prime 6 along with the conversion log

In the file you will see annotations (red arrows and a message when you click in the region) which give information if something is different compared to the original file or if a feature could not be converted (like axis labels, grid lines or a second y-axis in 2D plots).
You can delete these annotations (ribbon menu Input/Output, "Clear Annotations").

@SteveWerkema wrote:

When I run the Mathcad Prime 6.0.0.0 XMCD, MCD converter on this file it gives me the message "Conversion failed." at the bottom of the window.

Yes, because the converter needs the current version of Mathcad 15 to do its work. Mathcad 14 won't suffice!

You may download Mathcad 15 and it will work for 30 days (evaluation mode) so you could do your own conversions. But I am not sure what installing MC15 will do with your MC14 and if you can get rid of it after the trial period and continue to use MC14. So you better make a backup of your system or even better install MC15 (and Prime) in a virtual machine to testdrive it.

You will find the the converted files still will need some degree of manual post processing to make them work, sometimes you will not get them to work at all as Prime is less capable than real Mathcad (14 or 15) is is still missing a lot of features.

What exactly do you mean with "fail"?

You know that the converter needs a full working installation of the current build of Mathcad 15?

Top Tags