cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Converting Mathcad File to PDF

ptc-4858165
1-Newbie

Converting Mathcad File to PDF

Whenever I convert a Mathcad file to PDF format by printing to Adobe PDF, the content of the pages get displaced downwards both in the pdf file and the original Mathcad file. This happens when I have many pages in the Mathcad file. Is there something I'm supposed to set in the printer settings to prevent this from happening?

8 REPLIES 8
ELSID
4-Participant
(To:ptc-4858165)

Try a printer driver like doPDF. I've never had a problem converting MC 8 or 14 to PDF with it. I don't have Adobe (full version). However, if something like doPDF works, then it's an Adobe issue

Terry, I haven't heard this issue. What version of Mathcad are you using?

Hello,

What happens when you print the document on paper?

Hi, Terry.

I have seldom tried to convert a Mathcad file to PDF format by printing to Adobe PDF.

I wonder have you ever worked it out? Do I need another 3rd party manual toolkit? When it comes to PDF converting process, I have another question, I wonder have you ever tried to convert pdf to other image files before? As for myself, I am testing the related PDF to PNG converting, PDF to BMP converting , and PDF to JPG converting programs these days. Do you have experience about it? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Pan

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:epan)

Hi Evan,

CutePDF works much better than Adobe PDF: CutePDF :: Product :: CutePDF Writer

Instead of using Mathcad's default seperators, adding manual "page break"s solves this problem. (at least for me)

right click => insert => page break (for every page end)

Then pdf file should look OK.

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite

I found the "Microsoft Print to PDF" driver to give excellent results, that are better than "Adobe print to PDF"

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Hi print.jpg

A very important thing to do before launching print preview especially if the worksheet takes up several MB, is that you have to disable the automatic calculation, otherwise you can block everything.

Top Tags