cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Converting mathcad 15 array to Prime Table

AndyWesterman
4-Participant

Converting mathcad 15 array to Prime Table

I am starting to convert calculations from MC15 to MCP (only version 2 at the moment).

One of the (many) problems that I have encountered is transferring data currently stored in an array & would like to re-format this as a table (attached is an example that I have started).

1. is there any way to programmatically do the transfer?

2. Once the table is created, how easy is it to edit?

I have tried copy & paste by row but it didn't seem to work for me. Am I missing a trick some where?

It could be a help if I want to re-order the data , Absolute nightmare is each element has to be copied separately.

Many thanks

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can try this:

Open the Excel file. Copy the cell region. Click on an empty space in Mathcad and paste. This works in Prime 3. Hopefully also in Prime 2.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I have done this work manual (by students help)

Knowing my luck , I would get a 'work experience' body & spend 3X longer checking.

Tables are only for input, not output, so I don't think there's any way to programmatically create one from an array.

You can try this:

Open the Excel file. Copy the cell region. Click on an empty space in Mathcad and paste. This works in Prime 3. Hopefully also in Prime 2.

Thanks Magnus,

I have a lot of these data tables & it will save me significant amount of time re-typing & then fixing the errors that would inevitably creep in.

Andy

Top Tags