cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Converting older .mcd to Prime 1.0?

rpreston
1-Newbie

Converting older .mcd to Prime 1.0?

I haven't loaded MathCad 15 on this laptop and its disk is at home. How can I convert old .mcd files to Prime 1.0?

22 REPLIES 22

Renwick Preston wrote:

I haven't loaded MathCad 15 on this laptop and its disk is at home. How can I convert old .mcd files to Prime 1.0?

You can ask us to do it!

How do I go about it?

Renwick Preston wrote:

How do I go about it?

Post the old file and beg some generous soul to do the conversion.

Attach your Mathcad worksheet.

P.S. Beta testers: don't forget that if on the computer installed two versions - Prime 1.0 and Prime 2.0 Alpha, then converter for Mathcad documents will work only for version Prime 2.0!

I can't figure out how to upload a file.

See the attached files.

Ok, let's try this...

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:rpreston)

I would highly recommend creating space on your machine and installing Mathcad 15. Not only so you can convert older worksheets, but so you have access to all the missing features.

Mike

Mike,

That isn't the issue. Right now I don't have access to my version 15 installation disk. Also, I have a really slow internet connection so downloading it isn't an option either.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Well I suppose you'll have to depend on the goodwill of the forum members

Mike

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Also, you will need to unlock the collapsed area's before the file can be converted.

Mike

Well, that file is proprietary by the owner (not me) and, though he allows us to use his file, will not allow us to see his calcs.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Unfortunately you will not be able to use that worksheet in Prime. Collapsed area's are not included in Prime 1.0. You will have to use M15 or have the owner unlock the area's.

Mike

Fortunately my old laptop with version 14 decided to cooperate last night so I was able to do what I needed. Maybe it won't have any more BSODs...

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I will keep my fingers crossed for you

Mike

Yes, when you try to convert the file to .mcdx format, the Prime 1.0 converter reports an error "Before you convert a document, you need to unlock the region" and does not convert the file.

Ok, so I was able to retrieve my Version 15 install disk but now I'm having errors trying to install it. It wants to know if I have a license file or where to find the existing license file. What do I do now?

What type of license you purchased the "Locked" or "Floating"? And what of Windows OS you use?

P.S. I attached to the message the following files:

1. Mathcad Licensing Instructions - Existing Maintenance Customers

2. Mathcad Licensing Instructions - New and Single User Upgrade Customers

3. Mathcad Licensing Instructions - Student Edition

I am using Win 7.

I have no idea what kind of license I purchased. I believe it was an upgrade to my version 14 which is on my other laptop that crashed.

PTC's license policy really makes me tired and makes me not even want to use their product.

Thank's for including the instructions.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Have you tried selecting the license you are using for Prime?

Mike

I can't find the license file for Prime 1.0. What is its extension so I can do a search?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Actually my Mathcad Prime license is located in my Mathcad 15 folder. Did you use a license file when installing Prime?

Mike

Top Tags