cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CoolProp 6.3.0 Released - Wrappers for Mathcad 15 and Prime

Highlighted
Marble

CoolProp 6.3.0 Released - Wrappers for Mathcad 15 and Prime

Since we can't post on the Tips forum, I'll leave this here...

Coolprop version 6.3.0 is released.  Coolprop is an open-source C++ library that implements:

• Pure and pseudo-pure fluid equations of state and transport properties for 122 components
  • Mixture properties using high-accuracy Helmholtz energy formulations
  • Correlations of properties of incompressible fluids and brines
  • Highest accuracy psychrometric routines (Humid Air properties) 
  • User-friendly interface around the full capabilities of NIST REFPROP (if you own REFPROP already)
  • Fast IAPWS-IF97 (Industrial Formulation) for Water/Steam

Fully featured wrappers are available for both Mathcad 15 and Mathcad Prime as Add-in DLLs.  Documentation can be found at http:/www.coolprop.org.  Instructions for downloading the Add-in wrappers from SourceForge for either version of Mathcad can be found here.  A Mathcad worksheet is included with the DLL that demonstrates how to use the add-in.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: CoolProp 6.3.0 Released - Wrappers for Mathcad 15 and Prime

The CoolPro uses the IAPWS-95 not the IAPWS-IF97 formulation! It is a bag!

Not true.  I spent the last year coding IF97 into it.  You just use the fluid "IF97::Water" instead of "Water".  This calls the IAPWS-IF97 backend, which is now included.  See the docs.

The Mathcad add-in was re-implemented in version 6.0.0 and full IF97 was implemented in 6.2.0.

Last Maple uses CoolProp with IAPWS-95 formulation!

One my fine picture
iapws95-97surface.PNG

Again, please read the documentation.   Just use the fluid "IF97::Water" instead of just "Water" or "HEOS::Water"; the HEOS implementation is IAPWS-95.  There's no reason this won't work in the Maple wrapper as well.  It's been tested in Python, Mathcad, and Excel wrappers.  You might have to download the latest version of CoolProp if Maple is distributing an older version.  Version 6.3.0 is hot off the press, so I doubt they have it yet in their distribution.

I see that the latest Maple 2018 release only includes CoolProp 6.1.0.  I believe that IF97 is only partially implemented in that release of CoolProp.  That was about when I started working on it.