cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Copy and paste error

athurin
4-Participant

Copy and paste error

Hi,

I am working on a inductor/transformer design. I did a sheet with one calculation I am happy with. I did a copy of it, and pasted it just below. I would have assumed all variables would be reaffected, and it would all work well.

Except it didn't. With the exact same input, copied below, one of the result is wrong (and quite obviously, since the unit is all messed up).

Se attached document : in the first calculation, Bmax = 0.402T ; in the second, Bmax = 0.013 m T / A.

Again, it is just a "brutal" copy and paste ...

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In your copied version I.pk is not assigned the unit Ampere but is 10 times the value of your variable A which is a length (Bobbin outer diameter, 31.1mm) . Label the A as unit and you get the result you expected.

The second time the automatic labelling couldn't know which A you had in mind and chosed your variable.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

In your copied version I.pk is not assigned the unit Ampere but is 10 times the value of your variable A which is a length (Bobbin outer diameter, 31.1mm) . Label the A as unit and you get the result you expected.

The second time the automatic labelling couldn't know which A you had in mind and chosed your variable.

athurin
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Well that is a silly and embarassing mistake. Sorry about that.

Thank you very much for your help.

Top Tags