cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Copying an Excel component from and to MathCAD gives an error

Edd
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Copying an Excel component from and to MathCAD gives an error

Hello,

I have created an Excel component (Insert -> Component -> Microsoft Excel -> Create from file) and it's working perfectly. However I have to use this component many times in my MathCAD sheet, so I'm trying to copy it. When I right click the component and choose copy, I get the following error message, in a window titled "Microsoft Excel":

" cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding.

Does anyone know how to avoid this ? I could create the component again ofcourse, but I need it so many times that this would be too much work.

Best regards

Edd.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Edd)

Edd wrote:

Hello,

I have created an Excel component (Insert -> Component -> Microsoft Excel -> Create from file) and it's working perfectly. However I have to use this component many times in my MathCAD sheet, so I'm trying to copy it. When I right click the component and choose copy, I get the following error message, in a window titled "Microsoft Excel":

" cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding.

Does anyone know how to avoid this ? I could create the component again ofcourse, but I need it so many times that this would be too much work.

Best regards

Edd.

Edd,

Post a worksheet of the problem.

Mike

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Edd wrote:

Hello,

Best regards

Edd.

Edd,

Post a worksheet of the problem.

Mike

jeanGiraud
1-Newbie

Isn't true Mona just announced recently Mathcad 15 compatible with Excel 2010 ?

jmG

Edd
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Hello Mike and Jean,

Thanks for your time, but I cannot post the MathCAD file here since it is company confidential. I was hoping there would be a generic solution to my problem. I have been trying to reproduce the problem with a new sheet, but the copying (usually) works fine. So there is probably something wrong with my specific sheet.

I'll contact the PTC helpdesk on this.

Best regards

Edd.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Edd wrote:

Thanks for your time, but I cannot post the MathCAD file here since it is company confidential.

Edd,

You could try and reproduce the problem with generic data; therefore there would be no issue with your company confidentiality.

Edd wrote:

I was hoping there would be a generic solution to my problem.

There might be a simple solution to your problem, but without a worksheet its hard to see what the problem is.

Mike

Top Tags