cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Copying regions from Mathcad Prime 3.0

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Copying regions from Mathcad Prime 3.0

Why is it not possible to copy regions directly from Prime 3.0 into other programs. I usually use IrfnView to create image files but there is no paste option when copying from Prime 3.0.

Does anyone have a solution?

8 REPLIES 8

Does anyone have a solution?

Yes. Use MC15

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

Had to give that comment a helpful tag.

Copying any work from MC3 is a pain, even if you copy it to MC2 or MC1. However, you can do the following:

1. Copy the context of each section separately in order to paste it into other MC releases.
  2. copy each section separately, it will paste in as an image into other programs.
  3. print pdf (use primo pdf if you don't have it) and then use the text recognition software to copy any text into MS Word. this is also usefull to spell check large documents.
  4. Finally, if you need an image to begin with, use the snipping tool in windows.

One day we can look back at posts like these and laugh. I hope that day comes soon.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-3935512)

Thanks for the information but I don't think I could bring myself to go through those steps every time.

Maybe I will wait for Prime 4.0.

Mike,

So how you arrange your calculations?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

What do you mean Vladimir?

I mean, how you document your calculations in Prime for reporting.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

The way I always have, as seen in text books.

Sometimes I use Mathcad to produce a formula which I want to include in a report or external document.

Top Tags