cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Copying to Microsoft words

alanmardan
1-Newbie

Copying to Microsoft words

Dear all,

I have a problem with copying my calcs to word document. I need to copy them to words document in order to organize every thing for my project. the problem is that i have to copy each page from Mathcad manually to words, but they appear as pictures which in this case i have to remove the frame around each equation.

Can any one advise me how to copy them without having to edit them manually which obviously take long time to do.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Regards

Alan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:alanmardan)

Try paste special and select Metafile. There doesn't seem to be a box around the pasted regions.

Mike

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

I have a problem with copying my calcs to word document. I need to copy them to words document in order to organize every thing for my project. the problem is that i have to copy each page from Mathcad manually to words, but they appear as pictures which in this case i have to remove the frame around each equation.

Can any one advise me how to copy them without having to edit them manually which obviously take long time to do.

Alan,

Are you using the 'Save As' - 'Rich Text Format' option? You can load that straight into MS Word or Open Office Writer.

Stuart

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:StuartBruff)

Further to Stuarts reccommendation see the attached template.

Mike

Stuart,

I just copy each page from mathcad directly to an open MS document. I have no idea how to transfer my work into word without any problem. Can you please advise me.

thanks

alan mardan wrote:

Stuart,

I just copy each page from mathcad directly to an open MS document. I have no idea how to transfer my work into word without any problem. Can you please advise me.

thanks

Have you tried the 'Save As RTF' option, Alan?

See attached image.

collab - save as rtf.jpg

Most common word processors applications should be able to load an RTF file, Word certainly will.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart,

I did that before but still i have to remove frames around each text or equation seperately. Thanks

alan mardan wrote:

Thanks Stuart,

I did that before but still i have to remove frames around each text or equation seperately. Thanks

What do you mean by 'frames'? Are you referring to a border or some Word-specific meaning.

Can you automate the process by recording an macro (to see how to do it in VBA) and then generalizing the macro to allow you remove all 'frames'?

Stuart

yes i mean a border around each equation or text, as exactly it look on the Mathcad it self when you type it generates a box border and the same for equation.

Now when i copy manually by highlighting the text and copy & paste it to word, there is no border around the text until you press to edit some thing.

I have uploaded a word document where i copied some Mathcad work to it. try to edit it and hopefully you understand what i mean.

Thanks for your concern

Alan

alan mardan wrote:

yes i mean a border around each equation or text, as exactly it look on the Mathcad it self when you type it generates a box border and the same for equation.

Now when i copy manually by highlighting the text and copy & paste it to word, there is no border around the text until you press to edit some thing.

I have uploaded a word document where i copied some Mathcad work to it. try to edit it and hopefully you understand what i mean.

Hi Alan,

Sorry about the delay in replying - I couldn't log on last night (UK).

I don't see any borders around the regions in either MS Word (2010) or OpenOffice Writer. I've edited the text, copy-pasted from M15 and saved another worksheet as rtf from both M11 and M15 with the same result. I see no borders on the attached document, which has both pasted items and an edited text region.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I think i totally confused you by this border around my texts on MS. I open your again and the text regions are the same as i had it before ''as soon i want to edit a text in MS it appears a shaded border around the region which was created in Mathcad. I don't think there is a solution to remove these text region borders.

Thanks any way for all your advices

Alan

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I don't need to see borders around the math regions either. (Word 2007).

Mike

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Try paste special and select Metafile. There doesn't seem to be a box around the pasted regions.

Mike

Hi mike,

What do u mean by meta file, would you please explain me abit in more detals? thanks

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

What do u mean by meta file, would you please explain me abit in more detals? thanks

Copy the regions in Mathcad, select paste special in Word and choose Picture (Windows Metafile).

Mike

Did this solution work?

Mike

thanks to every one for your advices, i don't think there is a solution for this particular problem unless i follow yuor adices.

Regards

Alan

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

thanks to every one for your advices, i don't think there is a solution for this particular problem unless i follow yuor adices.

Can you confirm which solution worked?

Mike

Top Tags