cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Corrupted regions are corrupted and cannot be opened

Gilgamesh
4-Participant

Corrupted regions are corrupted and cannot be opened

Hi PTC Mathcad Community,

I have this Mathcad Prime 5.0 file in which many regions are apparantly corrupted. I think this is due to having math regions inside text regions. This is the first 3-4 pages, and the last few pages are ok.

Is it possible to fix the file?

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Gilgamesh)

How did you get this file. In particular: was it created by conversion from a Mathcad (15 or before) file?

Luc

Gilgamesh
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

I created the file myself. I am a user of Mathcad Prime 5.0

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Well, apparently something went wrong in Prime. Consider yourself lucky that the file still opens at all. I've seen corruptions that resulted in Prime not being to open the file. In some cases the worksheet can then still be recovered, but (links to) any embedded text is lost.

I hope you have a backup (or print-out) from which you can reconstruct the missing part(s) in your file. I see at this moment no option to recover the info from the file.

Success!
Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

It may very well be that you created this file yourself, in Prime 5. But then WHY oh why does it contain this annotation for the corrupted part:

LucMeekes_0-1618498971397.png

I've checked and found no traces of information that would allow restoration or recuperation of the corrupted region in the .MCDX file.

Incidentally: The file was created by "Barakat Bokharaie".

Luc

Top Tags