cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Create 2plot &3D

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone

Create 2plot &3D

Dear all 

I have no idea to write program for plot 2D&3D in mathcad prime  just know 

+ For 2D plot 

X=3@5,Z=11@4 for all grid

+For 3D plot

X=3@5,Z=11@4 Y=3@5 for all grid

picture attachments

thank you 

4E90D34D-3942-4AE4-81E2-94E67DB1AFCB.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Found some spare time to modify ttokoros function to work with distance vectors as you need

Werner_E_0-1613420274794.png

It still works using scalars for even spaced grids and if the vector is too small, its last value is repeated as often as necessary.

Werner_E_1-1613420345424.png

An alternative approach would be to just provide the three vectors as the number of grid planes can be detected by calculating the vector length.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Please attach the file

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:SPRstructur)

image.png

image.pngimage.png

image.png

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone
(To:ttokoro)

can I send me mathcad prime?

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:SPRstructur)

Yes, you can.

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone

haha  sorry
fast typing. Can you send mathcad ?

@SPRstructur wrote:

Can you send mathcad ?

Not sure what you mean? You asked for a solution done in Prime and ttokoro finally already has attached his sheet.

If you are now looking for a solution done in real Mathcad (=MC15 or below), you must be aware that ttokoro's solution won't work in Mathcad for two reasons:

1) Mathcad's 3D component won't accept the simple data structure created by ttokoros fucntion (this could easily be repaired)

2) Mathcad's 3D plot unfortunately does not accept NaN's. Thats severe and would require some major changes or a complete rewrite

Here's a possible solution done in MC15:

Werner_E_0-1613404796609.png

Grid3D.GIF

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone
(To:Werner_E)

wow great! in mathcad 15

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone

Hello, @Werner_E , if i try to give different (x1# x2 # x3)  (y1 # y2 #y3) and (z1 # z2 #....z11)  but error as pic below. if can, you please do in Mathcad prime. Big Thank.

SPRstructur_0-1613407231263.png

SPRstructur_1-1613407265358.png

Both my and also ttokoros solution work just for an equally spaced grid along each axis as in your first request.

It sure should be possible to change the functions to do what you obviously want, but it would require putting some additional work into it.

As you seem to look just for a Prime solution, I'll leave up to ttokoro to modify his function.

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone

@ttokoro  , if i try to give different (x1# x2 # x3)  (y1 # y2 #y3) and (z1 # z2 #....z11)  but error as pic below.

SPRstructur_0-1613407616299.png

Found some spare time to modify ttokoros function to work with distance vectors as you need

Werner_E_0-1613420274794.png

It still works using scalars for even spaced grids and if the vector is too small, its last value is repeated as often as necessary.

Werner_E_1-1613420345424.png

An alternative approach would be to just provide the three vectors as the number of grid planes can be detected by calculating the vector length.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

longitudinal wave

image.png

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

image.png

Top Tags