cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Create Range

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Create Range

Try
i;:=2 i;=2
a.:=2 a.=2
etc a$ a#
Is it new variables name in Mathcad Prime?!
And see the picture:

Val

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/v_ochkov.htm
12 REPLIES 12

To create a range variable in Mathcad Prime 1.0, you type in .. (period period) which is what it looks like rather than a ; (semicolon).

1..10 give you the range variable 1..10

Mona

On 8/25/2009 12:36:48 PM, MonaZ wrote:
>To create a range variable in
>Mathcad Prime 1.0, you type in ..
or ;
Consuetudo est altera natura!

Val
IRstuff
3-Visitor
(To:mzeftel)

But [CTRL]+. also does the job

TTFN,
Eden
SteenGroðe
6-Contributor
(To:IRstuff)

On 8/25/2009 2:58:08 PM, eden_mei wrote:
>But [CTRL]+. also does the job
>
and if so we lready know that symbolics will move to another shortcut...

Steen Gro�e

I'd like to remove the [Ctrl]+ . for range operator, since .. is just as fast, and we do need [Ctrl]+. for live symbolics.

I logged it.

Mona

>and we do
>need [Ctrl]+. for live
>symbolics.

In Mathcad 14 or Mathcad Prime 2.0?

Val
SteenGroðe
6-Contributor
(To:mzeftel)

On 9/9/2009 5:00:58 PM, MonaZ wrote:
>I'd like to remove the [Ctrl]+
>. for range operator, since ..
>is just as fast, and we do
>need [Ctrl]+. for live
>symbolics.
>
But if moving around the shortcuts I believe there is many that is more obvious both from what we know and from what is suggested. Let me try to point to what Prime has to be able to from my point of view:

space (or ") moved into tekst (nice, keep this), how about shift+space moving into math? And if more text modes ctrl+space and alt+space etc. are good options (may one of these should be connected to matricies). BTW it has to be possible to change the mode of a region from text to math or vice versa.

Regarding equals I believe the parser has to bee sufficiently intelligent to figure most out, so = ought to cover most cases. But when something has to be forced then use ctrl+=, shift+= etc. to those cases.

Decimalseparator has to be either . or , depending on a user option. Some will argue this gives an issue with notation in a list but it does not. I list can be either , (also when , is used as decimal separator just with a different space around - parser takes care of this) or ; again as the user specifies. Actually the parser can be able to figure this out while typing.

Steen Gro�e
chuck4379
4-Participant
(To:SteenGroðe)

I am trying to create a range variable....I used to be able to get Mathcad 15 to work.  This Mathcad prime is different making my expeirence worse that useless.

How do you create a range variable?

Where is the Mathcad Prime manual?  I'm sure it would be there somewhere!

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:chuck4379)

You have to consider that Mathcad and Prime are different beasts.

- Part of the shortcuts/keystrokes that work in Mathcad do the same in Prime, another part does not, or is replaced with others.

- Part of the functions that work in Mathcad do the same in Prime, another part does not, or is replaced with others.

- Part of the constructs that work in Mathcad do the same in Prime, another part does not, or is replaced with others.

With regards to defining a range: In Prime type a double dot, that is .. after the first number, and then the  last number. Or type a comma after the first number, then you'll get placeholders for the next and last numbers.

Success!

Luc

chuck4379
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

That worked *but *mathcad won't use the range variable.

Is there a way to get back to Mathcad15....at least it worked.

I was trying to get something quick and now need to be handheld every
step of the way.  Very fustrating.

@chuck4379 wrote:
That worked *but *mathcad won't use the range variable.

Is there a way to get back to Mathcad15....at least it worked.

I was trying to get something quick and now need to be handheld every
step of the way.  Very fustrating.

Yes, I agree that Prime is frustrating and disappointing.

Not sure what you mean with "get back to Mathcad 15"

If you mean to be able and be entitled to use MC15 - if you have a license for Prime, you are  also entitled to use MC15. MC15 will happily use the very same license file which was created when you installed Prime.

But if you mean a way to convert what you already have done in Prime to MC15 - there is no way to do so other then recreating the sheet manually.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:chuck4379)

What is there that 'Mathacd won't use the range variable'..?

Attach the worksheet, so we can see what goes wrong.

Luc

Top Tags