cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Create an array from a larger array

AaronG
1-Newbie

Create an array from a larger array

Hello,
I have an array of 1048320 rows (let's call it P) and I need to do the following operations (I have tried a few things but my MathCAD knowledge is rusty)

I need to create a new array with 720 rows (let's call it Q). The first row in Q will be the summation of rows 0,720,1440... from P. The second row in Q will be the summation of rows 1,721,1441... from P. And so on for all 720 rows in Q.

Like I said, my MathCAD knowledge is pretty rusty so I wasn't able to figure out a program. If anyone can lend some advice it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:AaronG)

Aaron Gaylord wrote:

Hello,
I have an array of 1048320 rows (let's call it P) and I need to do the following operations (I have tried a few things but my MathCAD knowledge is rusty)

I need to create a new array with 720 rows (let's call it Q). The first row in Q will be the summation of rows 0,720,1440... from P. The second row in Q will be the summation of rows 1,721,1441... from P. And so on for all 720 rows in Q.

My version 11 can't open what you posted, so I've guessed.

This will at least get you started.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:AaronG)

Try the attached.

Mike

Top Tags