cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Create vector/submatrix from different locations main matrix

mvanuden
1-Newbie

Create vector/submatrix from different locations main matrix

Hello,

For a while I have been using Mathcad calculations using not much data. For the problem (or challenge) I have at the moment I got quite some data. Probably for some real data lovers not that much.

From Excel I iimported a sheet that contains about 6 coloums and 4120 rows and the main data is in the first three coloums. From coloum 2 row 16 on I want to extract the data with defined in steps of 16 rows for 256 times and put that in a new matrix/ vector. So the first value I want to extract is c2r16, followed by c2r32...c2r48...c2r64...etc.

The data is available in the Excel format which I imported into Matchcad with the READFILE command. The arguments rows and cols only accept a single value or a range via a vector. This range cannot be anything like: 1,3,5,7.

I succeeded at the moment, but this is slow (see attached file) and the data is in a function array (?). In the example I decreased the steps to 16 to speed up stuff.

Thanks for the help!!

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1 REPLY 1

Top Tags