cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creating Tables in Mathcad

ptc-4532331
1-Newbie

Creating Tables in Mathcad

What is the easiest way to create a table in Mathcad that I can manipulate, similar to manipulating fields in Excel (i.e. linking cells together such as c1=a1+b1? I took a look at the tutorials and haven't really found much...that is, unless, I'm not looking hard enough or understanding how Mathcad works in this regard.

Thanks,

Scott

4 REPLIES 4

Scott Horowitz wrote:

What is the easiest way to create a table in Mathcad that I can manipulate, similar to manipulating fields in Excel (i.e. linking cells together such as c1=a1+b1? I took a look at the tutorials and haven't really found much...that is, unless, I'm not looking hard enough or understanding how Mathcad works in this regard.

Thanks,

Scott

If you want a spreadsheet, EXCEL is far better than Mathcad. You can deal with tables, but that's a very restrictive way to go.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4532331)

I have to agree with Fred, you can embed excel tables in Mathcad and extract data as you wish. Excel handles tables and data much better than Mathcad.

Mike

Mike Armstrong wrote:

I have to agree with Fred, you can embed excel tables in Mathcad and extract data as you wish. Excel handles tables and data much better than Mathcad.

Mike

Hmm. Whilst I concur with Fred's statement that Excel is a better at 'spreadsheets' than Mathcad, I'm not sure, Mike, that I agree that Excel "handles tables and data much better than Mathcad". I think it rather depends what you want to do with the tables/data and how you wish to create them. Horses for courses ... ie, Mathcad for the Grand National and Excel for the Donkey Derby!

Stuart

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:StuartBruff)

Hahahaha

Maybe I should have said I believe Excel can display tables much better than Mathcad.

Mike

Top Tags