cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creating a looping using the "Reference tool"

gapnunes
1-Newbie

Creating a looping using the "Reference tool"

Hy everyone,

I tried to create a infinite looping by insert a reference of a worksheet in it even like you can see attached, but the result was not like I expected.

Does anyone knows if is possible to create a infinite looping following this technique?

Note that for each WB - v2 reference added, we have j = j + 1. So, my objective is to create a FOR LOOP using this loopings and then find a way to stop this loopings for a choosed j value.

Regards,

Guilherme Nunes

3 REPLIES 3

Why would you entertain such complexity when you can achieve the same result with a simple program?

You can do it, just not with the reference pointing to the master sheet.

Fred,

I appreciatte your help,

I think that I didn`t explained well what I`m trying to reach.

The worksheet that I posted is just an example, I know that I can define a simple function using the programming tools.

My problem is: not once but several times during my experience with Mathcad I had problems with big worksheets that I needed to evalueted more than 1000 times. And sometimes there are so many variables and functions that is not praticable to add one more variable. You can get this kind of problem working with simulations or optimizations.

So, I am looking for another ways to use mathcad and not need to reformulate all my equations to evaluate a worksheet 1000 times. Using the "reference tool" is a way I found to do this. As I said before, this is not the most smart way but is simple and fast. It is similar to use a worksheet as a function.

Look the worksheets example attached, I can evaluate the worksheet WB as many time as I want with out the need of changing it equations or using scripts, do you understand my point? Forget about the simple equation y = 3.x + 4 , think that it could be a much more complex worksheet.

Backing to the first post, what I was trying to improve here is not have to paste 300 references of worksheet WB. I was looking for a better way to have the same result creating a looping with the circular references, do you understand? So, do you know if there is a way to insert just one circular reference and make it loop as many time I want?

If you want you can see the other discussion we had about making loops using scripts ( http://communities.ptc.com/message/165341#165341 ) . The problem with using scripts is that they are very slow, so the "reference tool" became a considerable way.

Regards,

Guilherme Nunes

Top Tags