cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creating a program function ? (III)

lvl107
20-Turquoise

Creating a program function ? (III)

Hello Evevyone,

( I ).PNG

The Question : Create a program function MarkMaxElement(   )  ?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Best Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

H, A, P and Y are the letters we see twice in the whole matrix and no letter appears more than two times. So these four letters qualify for being the max elements in the whole matrix (ex aequo). See also here -> Creating a program function ? (II)

But I like Freds contribution and would second it - WHY?

@Loi Le

If you have a special application where a routine like this is needed, you may tell us which.

If you just want to learn programming in Mathcad, it would be better to give it a try yourself and come back here with your attempt if you experience any problems.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:lvl107)

Why?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:lvl107)

Unclear.

Assuming that the (xxx) elements are 'marked', what is the criterion for "H", "A" and "P"s to marked (in the first row), and why aren't "S"and "D" not marked in the last row?

Luc

H, A, P and Y are the letters we see twice in the whole matrix and no letter appears more than two times. So these four letters qualify for being the max elements in the whole matrix (ex aequo). See also here -> Creating a program function ? (II)

But I like Freds contribution and would second it - WHY?

@Loi Le

If you have a special application where a routine like this is needed, you may tell us which.

If you just want to learn programming in Mathcad, it would be better to give it a try yourself and come back here with your attempt if you experience any problems.

Top Tags