cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

DATES ?

Joeboy
12-Amethyst

DATES ?

I have been away form Mathcad for a while - it was never very good working with dates - has there been any progress in this area

3 REPLIES 3
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Joeboy)

There hasn't been any progess from PTC. There are some functions here to handle dates and times: Date Calendar and Time functions.mcd

Most of them are based on scripted components, and therefore cannot be converted to work in Prime. There are some at the end of the worksheet that should convert though.

nas0k
7-Bedrock

Some attempts to move MC15 to Prime3 attached.

I hope this helps.

Norm

MarkBuckton
4-Participant

Hi Professor;

I am a big admirer of your Mathcad work and it is great to see you are back doing some Mathcad tinkering in your retirement. Golf maybe good for your physical health but Mathcad, for me anyway, is an even a bigger challenge. I would like to send you a Mathcad worksheet offline that I have produced with some help from Werner on the forum, as I am not sure and Werner was not convinced that the answers that it is producing are correct. The output looks feasible to me but your experience in the area of Civil engineering (I am not a Civil Engineer), assuming you have the time, would help immensely but your old email: dmg@coes.latech.edu longer works. It would be great to know that someone as experienced as yourself has verified the methodology and output or could offer some suggestions on how to improve the worksheet.

You will find my email in the Mathcad lookup directory if you are interested you may recall we corresponded some years back but it has taken me sometime to understand some Civil Engineering concepts which enabled me to construct my worksheet. I have some ideas to go even further with this idea but I want to make sure I am on the correct path before I implement my proposed enhancements which I will send you also once I complete them. I am sure you will find what I have done interesting.

Kind regards, Mark Buckton

Top Tags