cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

DE, error, This function cannot be used here

ptc-4975800
1-Newbie

DE, error, This function cannot be used here

I cannot solve a nonlinear DE, the Odesolve gives the error "This function cannot be used here" (Mathcad 15 M020), please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Ivanov,

Looking at your worksheet , I think that the problem comes from the definition of mu.

The DE initial condition i.0(0)=0 means that the diferential equation has to calculate the L.0 value for i=0 & the mu function in this case will return NaN so the calculation must fail.

For a magnetic material I would not expect the mu value to increase asympototically to infinity but rather plateau at a value determined by the material & core parameters.

Hope this helps

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mathcad file with english symbols.

Hello Ivanov,

Looking at your worksheet , I think that the problem comes from the definition of mu.

The DE initial condition i.0(0)=0 means that the diferential equation has to calculate the L.0 value for i=0 & the mu function in this case will return NaN so the calculation must fail.

For a magnetic material I would not expect the mu value to increase asympototically to infinity but rather plateau at a value determined by the material & core parameters.

Hope this helps

Regards

Andy

Thank you very much!

Yes, this is a mistake comes from the definition of mu. I made a correction.

Top Tags