cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging PRIME Programms

Highlighted

Debugging PRIME Programms

Hello,

in the old Mathcad you could step to the last error in programms, now I have no clue what the meaning of the messages are...

thanks

Tags (3)
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Debugging PRIME Programms

Maybe the absence of any debugging tools was made on purpose and users of Prime are not supposed to do any programming at all. As PTC stated it here in http://blogs.ptc.com/2012/02/29/mathcad-prime-2-0-is-here/:

"Today, we are proud to release a powerful productivity and analysis tool that allows engineers to stay focused on engineering, and not programming and debugging."

'Nough said.

Efried wrote:

Hello,

in the old Mathcad you could step to the last error in programms, now I have no clue what the meaning of the messages are...

thanks

DegugingPrimr.png

Valery, you are referring to statements, not a program.

sorry now it works...

funningly enough the errors disappear with time - walking backwards through the errors - and reappear after starting the process again..

PRIME is a wonder!

Efried wrote:

PRIME is a wonder!

... but has not trace and pause functions and the trace window

Regular Mathcad has those debbugind tools:

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/Mathcad_12/6_24b_Trace_in_MC13.gif :

Trace operator in Mathcad Prime (as in Mathcad 12, 11, 2001,,,

Trace.png

TraceNo.png

Dear Valery, I like your approach. But if you head for a walk through in a programm with errors this method is not of big help unless you insert an "onerror" statement which returns the current state. Again such functions are lacking in Prime.

I personally do not understand why it is so complicated to give programmes the same set of functions like in Mathcad. For the moment I'm stuck because it is not possible what went wrong converting the sheet from Mathcad to prime.

Another problem with storing the tracing results is that this may create memory problems.

One old idea for programm debugging - useing not the add line operator but a matrix:

MatrixProgr.png

Valery Ochkov wrote:

One old idea for programm debugging - useing not the add line operator but a matrix:

But again this won't help for stepping through a program which has errors, as was demanded by EFried, or does it??