cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Debugging

MattLiberty
1-Newbie

Debugging

Is there a good way to debug a program I wrote in MathCAD prime 3.0? Because it appears to be working but I want to go through my program step by step to make sure everything is working properly.

5 REPLIES 5
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:MattLiberty)

I don't think Prime has any de-bugging tools. Why not just break the program down and return the results of each step. That usually works for me.

Unfortunately in Prime we don't have any debugging tools (trace(), pause()) like we are used from Mathcad.

Two options come to my mind:

1) if the program runs without error and you just want to see the intermediate results of the calculations, you may consider collecting those results in a vector which is then returned at the end.

2) If the program throws an error and you want to look at the variables jst before the error occurs, it may be possible to use one of the various WRITExxx commands to write the intermediate results to a file. This will slow down execution significantly of course.

If you really need I can restore my old project. He still works, but partially.

Even partially, I think you will produce something usable much sooner that PTC. To fulfil that requirement I think you have about a decade to get it done

Your projects look indeed very interesting! If one day someone is really using Prime for anything serious this might be a very valuable tool.

Top Tags