cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Decimal point to komma for exporting to excel

sm�ller-2
11-Garnet

Decimal point to komma for exporting to excel

Is there a Possibility?

I need Komma in Excel and need to adjust in Mathcad

Thx 😃

11 REPLIES 11

after exporting to excel there is standing as letter saved number ?!!!!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:sm�ller-2)

Is there a Possibility?

I need Komma in Excel and need to adjust in Mathcad

No, unfortunately that's not possible.

I may be missing the point, but I use a German Windows, too, and the the setting in Windows of course is using the comma as decimal separator.

I experience no problems using READEXCEL and WRITEEXCEL. Numbers with commas are correctly read in in Mathcad and use the decimal point there. When exporting floating point numbers from Mathcad to Excel I get correctly formatted numbers (with decimal comma) in Excel.

The only problems I am aware of are when using scripted components, because VBS will use the windows settings and therefore sends numbers with comma instead of decimal point to Mathcad, which Mathcad does not understand. So scripts may need some rework to compensate for that.

R

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Werner_E)

Interesting. However, I remember you saying that you use Mathcad in English. If you switch to German in Mathcad does the export still work OK?

Thats correct. I am using the German version of Mathcad but with menu and math language switched to English.

I just gave it a try and switched to German. Quit and restart and again no problems with Excel ex- and import of floating point numbers.

Not sure which kind of problems Stefan is experiencing.

From what he wrote it looks like numbers exported from Mathcad are formatted as text in Excel.

yes i attached the relevant datas

Hey guys,

routine is working but i dont get rif of the problem with the komma ;-(

Every time after opening excel it says the data is broken. And every number with komma is green. As letter saved number.

Hopefully u guys can provide me with a fix of that 🙂

The problem is that i have hundreds of different loadcases and i cannot change very each output what mathcad does in excel manually.....

regards Stefan

A and i have MAthcad 15 😞

Try to change the settings in Excel (MS Excel 2010 is on screenshot below): "Excel options" --> "Additionally" --> "Options changes" --> "Use system separators".

Pic_1.png

I see the problem when I open your Excel File, but after reading and (re)writing it using your Mathcad file, all is OK again.

I attach the file after it was reworked by Mathcad.

not working 😞

i have office 2016 plus

every time the same problem grml

Top Tags