cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Default Template

ptc-3260463
1-Newbie

Default Template

When Mathcad 15.0 opens it uses "Normal" as the default template. Is there anyway that a different template can be used as the default upon startup?

5 REPLIES 5

The only way (that I have found) is to make the template you want and save it as the normal template.

Save as template, file name Normal, yes replace file.

I tried saving as the Normal template but this is the error message:

11-22-2013+7-32-40+AM.png

Strange!

On my work computer (where I don't have admin rights) I just replaced the Normal template. So I suspect this is an issue inside your operating system. Might try saving the file wher you can with Mathcad and moving it with the operating system.

Other alternative is Normal2; it won't open on startup, but the pull-down arrow next to the new sheet icon shows all the templates in the folder so a new Normal2 is one mouse-click away!

It was helpful to get my own R15-Template (renamed to normal) running.

I've got a similar problem on my work computer. While my computer won't allow me to overwrite the existing file, it will allow me to rename it, so I rename it "normal_orig.xmct", or something similar. Then, I can copy the new "normal.xmct" template into the folder.

TTFN

Top Tags