cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Default Units

ptc-6358900
1-Newbie

Default Units

I am creating a document in Mathcad 15 that is evaluating thermal resistances for me. For my own ease of use, I wish for all the resistances to be in units of K/W. Right now they default to K*s^3/m^2*kg. I know I can make each individual one go to the correct units by typing it in the right side after it's been evaluated. I have literally dozens of these resistances, and it is a real pain to have to change each individual one. I was hoping there was some way to tell it to automatically change K*s^3/m^2*kg to K/W. I've been messing with it for a while and can't figure out how. Anyone know? Or is this not a feature of Mathcad?

Thanks,

Alyssa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-6358900)

Under "format" "result", on the "unit display" tab there is a check box "Simplify units when possible". Unfortunately, it does not always simplify units even when it is possible, and this is one of those cases. s^3/(m^2*kg) simplifies to 1/W, but (K*s^3)/(m^2*kg) does not simplify to K/W.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Under "format" "result", on the "unit display" tab there is a check box "Simplify units when possible". Unfortunately, it does not always simplify units even when it is possible, and this is one of those cases. s^3/(m^2*kg) simplifies to 1/W, but (K*s^3)/(m^2*kg) does not simplify to K/W.

And there is no way to tell it to do that? to say when I have these units, display these ones?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Unfortunately, no. You are not the first to wish for this, but that is true of so many things in Mathcad. Instead of getting what we all ask for, what we get is Prime

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

Richard Jackson wrote:

Unfortunately, no. You are not the first to wish for this, but that is true of so many things in Mathcad. Instead of getting what we all ask for, what we get is Prime

As they say 'be careful what you wish for!!!'

Top Tags