cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Default User Avatar?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Default User Avatar?

OK, curiosity has got the better of me ...

Why is the default user avatar an image of a bird - looks rather like Sula nebouxii to me.

Is the clue in the common name of the bird - blue-footed booby?

7 REPLIES 7
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:StuartBruff)

Why is the default user avatar an image of a bird - looks rather like Sula nebouxii to me.

Do you not like it better than the old picture????

Mike

Mike Armstrong wrote:

Do you not like it better than the old picture????

Mike

I don't even remember what the old picture looked like, Mike. I was just curious as to why it was chosen - what is the deep underlying philosophical rationale that lies behind the symbol?

Stuart

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I don't even remember what the old picture looked like, Mike. I was just curious as to why it was chosen - what is the deep underlying philosophical rationale that lies behind the symbol?

I have wondered the same thing myself. Perhaps it is a subtle hint for people to actually choose an avatar. If that's the case I personally would have selected a default avatar that was much less subtle though, for example a dunces cap

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

If that's the case I personally would have selected a default avatar that was much less subtle though, for example a dunces cap

Good shout. Or the image below might be suitable.

default_avatar.gif

Mike

Or how about just going for a total lack of subtlety

I need to choose an Avatar.gif

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

I need to choose an Avatar.gif

Yes, that'll do

Mike

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I don't even remember what the old picture looked like, Mike.

I'm sure is was just a plain image, similiar to the image below. Well, maybe a darker shade.

index.jpeg

Mike

Top Tags