cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Definign a "Safe Zone" with graph

JBlackhole
16-Pearl

Definign a "Safe Zone" with graph

to all

I am trying to figure out a way of checking that a specified value (min of values a & b) is in a "safe zone". Is there a way of doing this is in a smart way?

See attached

Thanks

Regards

JXB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Werner

Thanks for the reply. You are right about the area above 1.5 for c < 1. I was doing one thing at the time. Startin with the easy bit!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

One single value can't be in your zone - your safe zone is a twodimensional area, so you would need two coordinates to check if a given point is in the safe zone.

Maybe something like the following will do what you are searching for

10.02.png

BTW, your function SafeZone() has an error (2nd line) which does not show up in the plot because of the large stepwith (0.5) of your range cvalue

10.02b.png

Thanks Werner. Spotted the error after posting the file

Teh attached (SZ) seems to be working!

Capture.PNG

As you had already defined your function SafeZone, I would't redefine the same function again in SZ but rather use the already defined function. Furthermore I'd prefer a function to yield the OK or Error message, so you could evaluate for different triples of values in the same sheet at the same time.

Your calculation of SZ does not consider the area above 1.5 for 0<c<1 as safe. But your safe zone limit graph suggest that this area IS safe. If its not you would have to change your function SafeZone, replacing the top 1.5 by infinity (ctrl-shift-z):

10.02.png

Werner

Thanks for the reply. You are right about the area above 1.5 for c < 1. I was doing one thing at the time. Startin with the easy bit!

So you found what you needed in one of the two files?

Top Tags