Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining variables

Defining variables

OK...I'm missing something. I am a previous user of MCad7 and recently gained access to MCad2000 Pro at work.

When defining a variable say like a:=3 or whatever MCad spits back at me that the "variable or function is not defined above." Seeing that this *IS* the definition statement for a variable what am I missing? I know that I'm doing it right according to my experience with former MCad products but this is starting to befuddle me. I've combed the docs and the knowledge base for something to set me right...can someone here help?
4 REPLIES 4

Defining variables

OK...just to prove to myself that I'm not a dope, I D/loaded several sheets off this site...which I will presume have used the proper syntax to prevent my undefined variable error from occuring. But the error still occurs (i.e. they turn RED).

I guess I have some setting wrong or something. BTW-the copy that I'm running is a network version...

G

Defining variables

Please write to support@mathsoft.com because something is definitely wrong with your installation (but I don't know what). Good luck,

CollabAdmin

Defining variables

Figured it out...after reading deeper in this forum.

Found out I needed to run regall.bat to fix my registry entries. A quick look in Mcad tells me that all is well. Thanks.

Defining variables

For future reference, sometimes running regall.bat does not fix this problem. If not, your only option is to reinstall. I wish you better luck than me.
Announcements