cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Differential equation

IgorBraz
4-Participant

Differential equation

Hi, 

I'm trying to solve the Differential equation of motion using the comand rkfixed, however I'm not getting.

The correct form to write the equation is in the captura in the attachment, but the Mathcad not solves it, just solve if the mass divide all terms (stiffiness and damper)

Can anyone help me please?

6 REPLIES 6

I believe your mathcad sheet is correct and your png is wrong, from the equation for forced harmonic motion:

Capture.JPG

But that does not explain why the png form doesn't work.  Since I have only Express I can't do more, sorry!

Hi  FredKohlhepp, thanks for your answer

In fact you're right. thanks very much for your help

Note that Prime can use units in differential equations (I don't think that Rkfixed can, but a solve block using Odesolve can.)  Units, and the proper conversion of them, was/is one of the primary benefits of this software.  So you can use:

Capture1.JPG

Fredkohlhepp, I used to solve using odesolve comand, however I stoped to use it when a try to input a second fredom degree (TMD). The Odesolve comand didn't work well, the response was different from analytical solution.

You may consider using a solve block with odesolve

B1.PNGB2.PNG

IgorBraz
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Werner_E, Thanks for your answer

Top Tags