cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Differntial-algebraic equation DAE - chemical reactor

fgörlich
8-Gravel

Differntial-algebraic equation DAE - chemical reactor

Hi,

I have a question to solve a DAE-system of a chemical reactor. In the picture you can see a minimal example. Its a simple reaction A to B with a first order kinetic multiplicated with an arhenius equation and an empirical pressure factor. To solve the DGL system, I have to predict the pressure p, wich depends on the mol fractions and temperatur. So this is my algebraic equation. This equation is combined with a DGL of the energy balance and two mass balnce. How can I solve such a system? With the example of mathcad, i can't solve this. Is there a simple way or standard method? I want to solve the system with RADAU so i have to built the vector function D. How i have to implement the pressure equation?

Thanks for your help

8 REPLIES 8

Sorry, I have not Prime 4

But someone I have here

Chemical Kinetics with Mathcad and Maple

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:fgörlich)

temperatures.jpg

F.M. написал(а):

temperatures.jpg

It is not a temperature - it is one coefficient?

It is evident that the unit of measurement is incorrect. He must use the most appropriate one.

It is a simplification of an antoine-equation. Its a fit parameter.

The equation of arhenus was wrong. I correct it. But i only need the method to solve a DAE. The values of the parameters are only for the prediction. they are not messured or physically correct.

@

mvenich
12-Amethyst
(To:fgörlich)

Before anyone spends time on this, you need to resolve all the typographical errors in the Mathcad worksheet.

For example, in the parameters you have m_FA, but in the equations you have m_AF, etc

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:-MFra-)

As an interesting aside, negative absolute temperatures are actually possible.  Although they are hotter than infinite temperature ...

A temperature below absolute zero | Max Planck Society

Negative temperature - Wikipedia

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:DJF)

... it sounds to me almost as if I say something goes at a speed v> c. I agree that numerically everything is possible...

Top Tags