cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Disagreement between the calculated symbolic result and the numerical result (transcendent equation)

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Disagreement between the calculated symbolic result and the numerical result (transcendent equation)

Good morning everyone,
how can I make the calculated value of the symbolic solution coincide with the numerical one of the given transcendent equation? (Imposing with the assumption that 20 <x <30 it falls into an endless loop )

I thank

trascendent.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:-MFra-)

Would this help:

Werner_E_1-1628370294729.png

"fully" tries to force the symbolic to give ALL solutions of the equation and Mathcad tells us that we simply have to use all branches of the Labert-W function rather than just branch #0. Most branches gives you non-real results, but _n=-1 gives you the solution you are looking for.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

See the following:

g0.png

Alan

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:AlanStevens)

Yup! all clear, but I'm looking for the second root as a function of Lambert ...

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:-MFra-)

Would this help:

Werner_E_1-1628370294729.png

"fully" tries to force the symbolic to give ALL solutions of the equation and Mathcad tells us that we simply have to use all branches of the Labert-W function rather than just branch #0. Most branches gives you non-real results, but _n=-1 gives you the solution you are looking for.

Top Tags