cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Display of integrals

ptc-6672175
1-Newbie

Display of integrals

As part of a Mathcad sheet, I wish to include a short section on the derivation of an equation. This involves a definite integral.

I can write the initial integral with limits, and can write the ultimate result of the integral. However, as a lot of the terms cancel out or evaluate to zero when the limits are applied, I would like to be able to state the symbolic result of the integration, but without the limits substituted in, as is usually denoted by square brackets with the sub and superscripts following for the limits.

Is there a way to display this type of format in Mathcad? I can neither work out a way to force the square brackets to be displayed, nor add the required sub and superscripts.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-6672175)

Sorry. there is no way to do that automatically. You would have to copy and paste the symbolic result for the indefinite integral and then edit by hand.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-6672175)

Sorry. there is no way to do that automatically. You would have to copy and paste the symbolic result for the indefinite integral and then edit by hand.

Thanks. I sort of expected that, but hoped otherwise.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:RichardJ)

Or he could cheat and position some large brackets over the evaluation ... .

The attached worksheet shows one way to do it ... doesn't look very pretty though.

Stuart

collab+-+14+10+02+integral+display+01.jpg

StuartBruff wrote:

Or he could cheat and position some large brackets over the evaluation ... .

The attached worksheet shows one way to do it ... doesn't look very pretty though.

What you have attached is not the worksheet but just the jpeg renamed as mcd.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Werner_E)

Werner Exinger wrote:

StuartBruff wrote:

What you have attached is not the worksheet but just the jpeg renamed as mcd.

Oops. Thanks Werner, I'll replace it when I get into work.

Cheers,

Stuart

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Any better, Werner?

Stuart

Any better, Werner?

Yes, in the sense of that now its the Mathcad sheet.

But, and you wrote yourself that its doesn't look really pretty, I fear that it will make Liam not really happy. Guess he had something like the following (which obviously was not created in Mathcad) in mind and I can't think of a way to duplicate it in Mathcad, especially not with the claim of being dynamically changing.

1.png

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Werner Exinger wrote:

Any better, Werner?

Yes, in the sense of that now its the Mathcad sheet.

But, and you wrote yourself that its doesn't look really pretty, I fear that it will make Liam not really happy. Guess he had something like the following (which obviously was not created in Mathcad) in mind and I can't think of a way to duplicate it in Mathcad, especially not with the claim of being dynamically changing.

1.png

Sounds like another feature request, Werner!

Right click for option to display as above ...

Stuart

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:StuartBruff)

For Mathcad Prime 798.0?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:RichardJ)

Richard Jackson wrote:

For Mathcad Prime 798.0?

And Werner calls me optimistic.

For Mathcad Prime 798.0?

And Werner calls me optimistic.

Probably we agree that it will not be impleneted in our lifetime.

Top Tags