cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Display the output

payman
13-Aquamarine

Display the output

Hello,

In the attached worksheet, could you please help me to see the output values of the function "Int(beta,phi)" for a range of beta and phi?

All the best,

Payman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:payman)

The data structure you provide is just a list of points, but not a mesh of a surface.

I always wondered which surface Mathcad creates when given just a bunch of points and asked to do a surface plot. Obviously it creates a surface and, obviously, too, not the surface you are looking for.

You don't have to create the needed data strucure yourself - you can use CreateMesh to do it for you (as already shown in my first answer here). As it seemed to me the you would like to see degrees and not radians in your plot and as we cannot divide the variables by the unit we want to see as we can do in a 2D.plot, I created an auxiliaray function III() which takes unitless values and adds the degree factor before handing it over to the function I(). You may use *deg instead of the degree sign I used.

You may change the number of contours in the "special" tab of the 3D.plot format menu.

PS: I just see you already created a correct contour plot at the end of your file. But you see the angles in radians and you forgot to set "fill contours" in the "Appearance" tab of the 3d-plot format menu. As already written you can change the number of contour lines, number them, chose the colormap used ("Advanced" tab), etc. Sigmaplot used a different color map, therefor the difference in color appearance. You may create and provide your own colormaps in Mathcad if you are willing to spend the time doing so.

Unfortunately Mathcad 15 provides no easy way to add a legend.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Are you looking for something like this:

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Or just this:

Success!
Luc

payman
13-Aquamarine
(To:LucMeekes)

Thank you Werner and Luc,

I want to have the value of "Int(beta,phi)" for each pair of beta and phi so I could use the data in Sigmaplot.

Also would you please show me how I can use the approach in the attached file to plot "Int(beta,phi)" vs beta,phi?

Regards,

Payman

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

You need to list the independent variables next to the dependent:

payman
13-Aquamarine

I have modified the program but the Mathcad plot looks different from the plot by Sigmaplot. Also the axes values do not match with my data.

Can you see where my mistake is?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

The data structure you provide is just a list of points, but not a mesh of a surface.

I always wondered which surface Mathcad creates when given just a bunch of points and asked to do a surface plot. Obviously it creates a surface and, obviously, too, not the surface you are looking for.

You don't have to create the needed data strucure yourself - you can use CreateMesh to do it for you (as already shown in my first answer here). As it seemed to me the you would like to see degrees and not radians in your plot and as we cannot divide the variables by the unit we want to see as we can do in a 2D.plot, I created an auxiliaray function III() which takes unitless values and adds the degree factor before handing it over to the function I(). You may use *deg instead of the degree sign I used.

You may change the number of contours in the "special" tab of the 3D.plot format menu.

PS: I just see you already created a correct contour plot at the end of your file. But you see the angles in radians and you forgot to set "fill contours" in the "Appearance" tab of the 3d-plot format menu. As already written you can change the number of contour lines, number them, chose the colormap used ("Advanced" tab), etc. Sigmaplot used a different color map, therefor the difference in color appearance. You may create and provide your own colormaps in Mathcad if you are willing to spend the time doing so.

Unfortunately Mathcad 15 provides no easy way to add a legend.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Here is a (clumsy) way to add a legend (as another 3D contour plot, which you may format to your needs):

payman
13-Aquamarine
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you so much.

Top Tags