cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Does Prime 3.1 Express have cfft and icfft functions?

hohara
1-Newbie

Does Prime 3.1 Express have cfft and icfft functions?

After the free trial period ends do the cfft and icfft functions remain enabled?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:MartinHanak)

This page, http://www.ptc.com/engineering-math-software/mathcad/worksheets/advanced-engineering-math, implies that Fourier transforms are considered "Advanced engineering math", and are therefore not included in Prime Express. I have no easy way to verify that though,

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Hi.

I think that all functions are available in Prime 3.1 Express. Limitations are described on PTC Mathcad Comparison Chart | PTC page.

MH

Martin Hanák
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:MartinHanak)

This page, http://www.ptc.com/engineering-math-software/mathcad/worksheets/advanced-engineering-math, implies that Fourier transforms are considered "Advanced engineering math", and are therefore not included in Prime Express. I have no easy way to verify that though,

MartinHanak wrote:

Hi.

I think that all functions are available in Prime 3.1 Express. Limitations are described on PTC Mathcad Comparison Chart | PTC page.

MH

Unfortunately thats not true.

When I switch to crippled  Express mode, I see that a lot of functions and group of functions are not available (see the screenshot below).

In the comparison list you point to they obviously fall into the category "Advanced numeric functions".

Interestingly PTC seems not to know about "fft", "cfft", "icfft" and most other in that group and possibly even more functions, as they do not show up in the "ALL(??) functions" list. All thats offered is the function "fftfilt".

WE

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:hohara)

Bad luck. This is Prime 3.1 Express:

Luc

Thanks to all for the responses!

Not the answer I was hoping to hear. We design LED driver chips and want to disseminate a Mathcad worksheet to enable our customers to calculate flicker after FFT filtering. It would have given exposure to PTC Mathcad among our customers if it worked.

The answer is very ambiguous; the comparison chart shows that all features with an asterisk were not available after 30 days. The  "Advanced Engineering Mathematics" feature shows as not available but has no asterisk. I think it would be better to specifically list functions that are disabled after 30 days.

I'll have to look for a freebie clone we can use.

Much thanks!

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

PTC very proudly recently advertised the ability to deploy a :Gateway server":

For a (not so) small fee, of course.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Here's a Mathcad 15 sheet that shows you how to do it without the built in cfft and icfft functions. Sorry, but at the moment I have no way to convert this to a Mathcad Prime sheet. Perhaps someone else can convert it.

Mr. Koelhepp, I don't think Mathcad Gateway was quite the solution I was looking for ... it's something about that "(not so) small fee".

Mr. Jackson, thank you for that post! I do have Mathcad 14 and can load your worksheet in directly. I will see if I can make that work for the FFT filtering worksheet I created. I did it in 14 and re-typed it into Prime.

It seems the conversion from 14/15 to Prime is a big PIA. Don't know why they did that. Didn't want to bother with all the business about downloading 15 (making my 14 invalid) and Prime, then doing the conversion then having to re-install 14. Just re-typed in the worksheet into Prime.

I've been using Mathcad since the floppy disk/hardcover user manual days and can't afford to upgrade too often (personal copy).

Again, a big thanks to you all!

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

You can also find a PDF copy of Richard worksheet in attachment.

Converted to Prime 3.0.

"As-Is", no warranty

Hey guys, THANKS for all the responses and assistance. It's been a great help, especially the FFT worksheet and the conversion to Prime. This community is awesome.

Top Tags