cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Doesn't calculate

jkrulak
1-Newbie

Doesn't calculate

Hello,

I have problem with calculation when I use explicit: it doesn't give me result. Please see picture in attachment or mcd file.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:jkrulak)

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Jan,

it is weird that you should get '500 m m2' as your first answer for d. It should be '500 m3' instead, it is calculated by the numeric processor and that processor is unit-aware.

Another weird thing is that on your second definition of d, c and b appear to be unknown (marked red).

The 'explicit' operator is meant for the symbolic processor, to show the calculation in steps. Be aware that the symbolic processor may not be aware of units: it sees 'm' not as a unit, but as a symbol just like a, b and c.

What happens if you type 'd=' below the last expression?

What version of Mathcad do you use?

Luc

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:LucMeekes)

it is weird that you should get '500 m m2' as your first answer for d

It's because m^2 was typed into the units placeholder. Without that it will display L (liters).

Please see attachment what happens if I type "d="

I use Matchcad 15.0.0.436

Untitled.png

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Download and install the latest version: http://www.ptc.com/product/mathcad/free-trial/thank-you

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

It works fine for me. Which version of Mathcad (including revision number) are you using?

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Here is a result in the latest Mathcad 15 M030 service release. And what version using you?

Pic_1.png

Top Tags