cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Don't you miss them?

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Don't you miss them?

Hi All,

I am a Mathcad user since the 1990s. With the new version, that is Prime 6, I find myself a little uncomfortable because the following things are missing:

In comparison with Mathcad 15, they are:
                1) animation for the graphics,
                2) the definition of new types, (Format equation, user 1, user 2, ..., Format result.)
                3) vertical and horizontal alignment,
                4) selection of the entire worksheet with a click,
                5) inserting subscripts or quotes in the text,
                6) option to enclose the graphs in a box,
                7) possibility of choosing between simple or partial derivative operator,
                😎 gradient operator and similar,+ post-pre fix operators,
                9) Base change (binary, octal, hexadecimal) in the numbering.
              10) PDESOLVE.

don't you miss them?

2 REPLIES 2
tslewis
11-Garnet
(To:-MFra-)

If you stop griping about old software and actually use prime you would know 3 and 4 are irrelevant and prime handles alignment very well. Also you can easily select all content or even selective content very well. The other items are not relevant to me and I never have used them in prior versions to prime

Re item 2:

"The other items are not relevant to me and I never have used them in prior versions to prime"

But you said: "Agreee, having styles that you can define for headers, text bodies, bullets etc would be great but then we are talking about a word processing program. I dont think it would be hard to expand this feature..."

I'm happy you like Prime and are satisfied with it.  Let us old fools mourn what we've lost!

Top Tags