cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Downgrade to Mathcad 15

ptc-5079124
1-Newbie

Downgrade to Mathcad 15

I'm currently using Prime and I really need to downgrade to 15. Does anyone know how to do this because for the life of me I can figure out how to downgrade from Prime to 15.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-5079124)

What do you mean by "downgrade to 15"? If you just need to start using MC15, then install it and off you go. Your license file for Prime will work for 15 as well. If you mean how do you save a file from Prime in MC15 format, the answer is "you don't".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

What do you mean by "downgrade to 15"? If you just need to start using MC15, then install it and off you go. Your license file for Prime will work for 15 as well. If you mean how do you save a file from Prime in MC15 format, the answer is "you don't".

Thanks for the help and also what if I don't remember where I put my Prime license code? Is there anywhere or any person to call about this?

Not sure if I understand what the question is.

If you want to install mathcad 15, during installation you will have to point it to the already existing license FILE (license.dat) you got, when you installed Prime. If you don't know the path to that file you can start Prime, click on the yellow M at the upper left, chose Mathcad Options and then the tab license. You should see in the box "file" the full path to your license file. Copy that string and use it during installation of Mathcad 15.

You cannot use the product key for Mathcad 15 installation! I guess your key begins with MP2.... and it would only be valid for installation of Prime2. But the license file you get during installation of prime will make Mathcad 15 happy, too.

Won't let me pass the get license page without a product key so, I'm stumped on how to get to the installation screen for Mathcad 15

You may install MC15 first in trial mode without a product key (you don't have a product key for MC15 anyway) and then follow the instruction at the end of this pdf

http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/135730/en/Student_Edition_-_Prime_2_0_-_010412.pdf

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Now you know where the license file is, back it up somewhere safe! That is much less trouble that trying to get a copy from PTC at some pint in the future!

Is there any documentation from PTC for Downgrading Matchcad. If you have any documents pls share.

Top Tags