cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Dramatic failure of PTC Mathcad

jeanGiraud
1-Newbie

Dramatic failure of PTC Mathcad

Hard to believe !

I have posted an update of "OdesolveMinerr" a minute ago.

It does not show in this community

Will it show, don't know ?

If a collab posts an update,

it should show immediately. If it does not show the update,

how collabs or visitors will benefit.

What I'm saying is that at this very moment, my 16 pages

of "tool box" appear to me in the PTC recycle bin.

7 REPLIES 7

... my updated work sheets shows, but does not show !!!

It shows in "Usage", but that's what all collabs have systematically rejected. When opening PTC community, click on Mathcad and there it should show "Mathcad ", Mathcad inclusive of all conferences. Actually it is exlusive

Dan, can you understand this renewed point ?

You don't seem to have listen to what more collabs have explained from the very beginning. I can make my own soup out of this messy "facebook". Just have to plug a new discussion OdesolveMinerr update If it makes sense to you, it does not to me. An update is new stuff, if new stuff does not show, how can visitors get it ? In the "London Times ? in "La Presse" ? in "Drummondville Herald" ? "Petaoushnock Gazette" ?

Jean, did you mark your post as being updated? This will bump the thread and indicate that changes were made to the original post. No need to start a new thread on the same topic.

UpdatedText.png

BostonDan wrote:

Jean, did you mark your post as being updated? This will bump the thread and indicate that changes were made to the original post. No need to start a new thread on the same topic.

UpdatedText.png

Yes, it did add my update note but it didn't show anything as soon as posted and not after quitting and logging again because it did put the update in the wrong place . Do you see it in "Mathcad" ? NO . So, that's what I'm saying: If I post a work sheet it must show, if it does not, what is the point to have an "attachment". Your concept of a collaboratory is based on too many bits and tricks that conflict in the logic it is implemented. And what about the tags that in the case of an update are the same tags, so which tag your logic links to ? Do you understand what I'm saying, if next year I update what is posted today, who is going to capture the update if it does not show ? Other collabs had the same comment(s) [in different words], hide and seek in the sand.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:jeanGiraud)

I might point out that if you edited a post in the old Collaboratory it did not change the status of that post to "new". I'm not sure I want every minor edit to make the post show up again as a new post either.

Richard Jackson wrote:

I might point out that if you edited a post in the old Collaboratory it did not change the status of that post to "new". I'm not sure I want every minor edit to make the post show up again as a new post either.

I was sure you would have a point Richard, and we all have the same point about minor messages to show or not. The wheat and chaff logic ! But my point to Dan was about a work sheet, and my "wheat and chaff logic" could be immediate: new work sheet, new image, new *PDF or link ... etc should appear as new message. You have expressed the same point in the past in this forum, i.e: for a collab to enter and track the thread it amounts to read all the content, which is a waste of time, waste of inductive help.

What I don't understand is why Dan understands nothing of all our comments. The "in extenso" defensive position is no answer or acknowledge. We are in Mathcad, and Dan is constantly telling that the new Mathcad collaboratory can't be otherwise than by his "facebook chat rules", bits and tricks. There was nothing to invent from Akiva, just some improvements and supplementary commodities.

It's up to the original poster to decide if significant changes were made. If so, check the box and that will bump the thread into recent activity and label it as (Updated). If not, simply leave the box unchecked and the post remains in it's current place in time.

Jean, it seems the majority of your edits fall into the latter camp. I went back to review your claim of posts not showing up in Mathcad. Its very hard to follow since there are 3 posts created on the same topic of "OdesolverMinerr." I was able to find all 3 with no problem though.

I hear and understand your comments. They have been documented and are under review for future possible community enhancements. We can't implement every suggestion, but ones that better the entire community experience as a whole will be considered.

I'm here to help members use the tools that are at their disposal. If the discussion forums are what you are comfortable using, and you have no interest in nothing else, please disregard my tips. But I still hold everyone to abide by the Terms of Use and the Community Guidelines.

>It's up to the original poster to decide if significant changes were made.<

Dan,

I don't care whether my work sheet is in the lost world or or not, it's not for me but for the community. I have posted one page work sheet first, announcing more to come and that more come then came but not displayed, for whichever visitor . How then the watching visitor can find if it does not appear in the day list or the cumulative list ? I'm not in contradiction if all messages like ... "my cat is sick, thanks mine too ... should appear in the cumulative list or not, apply the appropriate "wheat and chaff logic". What I'm saying is that any message that contains imported information like a work sheet, image, *.PDF, a web link must appear in the cumulative list. If it does not appear, tracking collaboration stops. Conclusively and implicitly, collaboration must be cumulative of all or accepted messages and the informations included. It's none of by business if PTC wanted or not a "Mathcad collaboratory", neither if they should have or not.

Jean

Top Tags