cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Drawing Circuits

ptc-5682949
1-Newbie

Drawing Circuits

Hello Im new to mathcad prime 3.0 and im wondering what software to use to draw circuits and then insert it into mathcad to show what im doing, or if mathcad has build in tools to draw circuits. For instance if i do source transformation and i want to show how the circuit look after the transformation is done, how can i draw the circuit and put it in mathcad?. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

You can insert the circuit as a picture in Mathcad Prime.

But what programs do you guys use to draw the circuits and then paste as an image to mathcad prime?

Please check "Circuit Diagram": http://www.circuit-diagram.org/screenshots

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5682949)

As Vladimir has pointed out, Mathcad Prime is very limited in this respect, even more limited than Mathcad 15 was. I'm afraid you don't have many options

But what programs do you guys use to draw the circuits and then paste as an image to mathcad prime?

I use Paint.

We can is if function for the automaticaly changing pictures in Mathcad 15, not PRIME

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5682949)

As Mathcad does not have internal drawing capabilities, I would suggest using any tool which you are competent with and has the capability of saving as a picture.

I tend to use Paint, Excel....etc.

Hi,

Here we use simetrix / simplis for circuit simulation - its very useful.

The full version is quite expensive, but there is a free (limited) version available.

No limit to the size of circuit if you only need to capture a picture.

In windows 7 I use the snip accessory to create the picture to copy into other documents,

Example:

Capture.PNG

Reards

Andy

Top Tags