cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Drop Down Menus

mziegler-4
1-Newbie

Drop Down Menus

I'm a bit hung up on how to insert a drop down from execl into Prime 3.0. I have tried two different things and haven't gotten either to work. I have attached two excel sheets that are samples of what I am tring to do. Drop Down Test.xls is what i would like to use. I want to be able to select an option from the drop down in cell C1 (list of A1:A3) and have the coresponding value in column B returned. I am also willing to use Test.xls, where I would input a value from column A and the coresponding value in column B is returned. Any help would be nice, step by step help would be best, as I am new to the functions of Prime 3.0.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Maybe something like the attached?

But its very awkward, uncomfortable and looks ugly. What the Excel component shows in Mathcad is just sort of a dynamic picture. If you implement a list element in Excel you have to double click the component to open Excel, chose the value in the list and close Excel again. All just to select one value.

You might consider showing a list of elements in Prime to select from and their appropriate indices and let the user type in the index in a variable. Use vectors in Prime to get your disired values.

Why don't you use Mathcad 15 which has all the components you need? Its more powerful, much speedier and more comfortable and user friendly. If you have Prime you are also entitled to use MC15 - they share the same license file.
Prime is just not (yet?) ready for use.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Werner Exinger wrote:

Maybe something like the attached?

But its very awkward, uncomfortable and looks ugly. What the Excel component shows in Mathcad is just sort of a dynamic picture. If you implement a list element in Excel you have to double click the component to open Excel, chose the value in the list and close Excel again. All just to select one value.

Maybe that could be an improvement for the Excel component. Modify the feature so that it is always live within the Mathcad sheet as the scriptable components are in Mathcad 15.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:mziegler-4)

I am going insane or is there the second thread you have created with the title as 'Drop Down Menus'??

By the way, the Excel component will only work if the user also has Excel.

Top Tags