cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

EE Power Handbook calculates wrong answer

Kernie
1-Newbie

EE Power Handbook calculates wrong answer

Electrical Engineering Handbook for Power Transmission and Distribution Section 1.3b
provides incorrect load flow answers in Mathcad 14. The same handbook provides correct answers in Mathcad 13. The handbook uses Newton-Raphson interative solution that apparently fails to converge in Mathcad 14. The power mismatch from specified to results shows to be 9.051 in Mathcad 14 (which is way too much)and 1.41x10^-6 in Mathcad 13 (which is very acceptable). This makes Mathcad 14 unusable for me since it give me the wrong answers. Just upgraded. Upgrade is worthless to me with this bug. Any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2

No need to post the same thing in more than one place. That just leads to confusion.

Without a worksheet that demonstrates the error, you are not going to get very far, either in the way of answers, nor having PTC actually notice and log the issue.

As noted in the original thread (in EE) this is an incompatibility, but not a bug. When two range variables are used for iteration Mathcad does not define the relative order in which they are evaluated. MC13 and MC14 choose a different order. This order has changed between versions previously as well.