cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Equal scales on Plot

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Equal scales on Plot

Do you know does work and how work this tool:

es.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks - I was right - we must do it manual in M15 and Prime.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

IMHO a rather useless feature (at least for most of the time). If checked Mathcad's quickplot scales both axis the same, meaning that both axis would have the same number of units. So if you size your plot to a square you should have same scales on both axis. This may also yield some weird results

17.11.png

The help says:

Equal Scales

When checked, the x and y-axes have equal scales (not available on polar plots). For example, if one inch along the x-axis stands for 2 units, then one inch along the y-axis stands for 2 units.

When unchecked, the scale on the x-axis is independent of the scale on the y-axis.

This option is not available for polar plots.

The help says:

Equal Scales

But thanks, Werner, for the answer.

"Equal Scales" tries its best (?) to get equal length for equal units in both directions. But as it does not resize the plot and as it uses "pretty" axis limits only, the results usually are mediocre. If you want equal length you still would have to manually resize the plots by visual judgement. More automatic help in doing this and the feature to let Mathcad resize a plot so that 1 unit in x-direction and 10 units in y-direction (as an example) are exactly 10mm in the printout was a long standing wish of the community - then we got Prime ....

Here you see the effect of "Equal Scales" if the plot width is manually changed. Especially the third one is way off and could have been done much better:

17.11.png

Yeah, surprise 😉

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:ValeryOchkov)

After years of work, PTC has not figured out how to plot. One of more important items needed to make the program useful.

Thanks - I was right - we must do it manual in M15 and Prime.

Thanks - I was right -

Sure, what else? Did you doubt it?

I wish you guys wroked here!!

Top Tags