cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Equation Break - Missing features

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Equation Break - Missing features

I feel a little embarrassed asking for this, but hey it needs to be re-added. Also, while we're adding the equation break can we also add the capability to break an equation with a minus sign as well as the standard plus sign?

Please feel free to add the small features still missing from Prime and we can hopefully have them implemented in Prime 3.0

Mike

58 REPLIES 58

You must to pay before you play .

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

You must to pay before you play .

No pay, no say!!!!

Mike

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

SteenGroðe
6-Contributor
(To:mzeftel)

I hate admit this but I can't see - and I don't know if this is my eye or my brain or just plain simple my compenteces that are failing me - any ideas. Or rather I can see lots of ideas but not on the PTC pages. I can submit one - as you have noticed - but even not my own idea I can see.

When I click on my stuff - idea I get:

An unexpected error has occurred

I will love to vote, but it is kind of like chasing an invisible ghost at the moment.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:SteenGroðe)

That's exactly what happens to me - maybe we're both having the same personnel issues.

Mike

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Hopefully not :-).

Mike

Only users with active maintenance accounts can see the ideas and vote on them.

To check if you have an active maintenance account go to:

PTC's site "Customer Support Information"): https://www.ptc.com/appserver/common/account/secure/wamSupport.jsp

Option "Customer Maintenance" must be active

If you do not have a maintenance account you can continue your discussion here. Other avenues of providing us with feedback are usability tests, alpha tests, and surveys. We consider a number of sources in determining what features to implement for each release, including talking to sales reps and account engineers in the field, and our strategy for each release.

Thanks,

Mona

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Cheers for the information Mona.

Mike

SteenGroðe
6-Contributor

BUT I have:

Customer Name:FREDERIKSBERG SEMINARIUM
Customer Number:289857
Customer Support Information
Customer Maintenance:Active
Online Supervisors
If you require additional privileges to access a PTC Customer Service Web Application, please contact one of these individuals to obtain the privilege required.
Steen Groðesteen@grode.dk

But still I am blind, or not allowed to vote (as far as I remember this was an issue in US back in the 60'es and I believe it ended up being illegal... and btw where I come from everybody shall be able to vote).

Steen,

I am checking on why you can't vote. You should have access.

Mona

Steen,

When on the main Mathcad Community page, do you see an Ideas tab like the one below? (click on the image to zoom)

MathcadContentTypes.png

Honest I don't think so, but - there has to be a but - I don't have any tabs. So why can this be. Is it that I am in the PTC community instead of a Mathcad community and these are designed differently? Is it that I use another browser than M$'s IE? I don't know - I honestly don't have clue. On the other hand there is so many anoying things in this PTC places so it is actually fantastic. Just one more right now. When I click on a link in the mails I recieve from the ongoing debates I have to login. This is okay, but what happens next is a disaster. I am not taken to the link but to something in generel (probably my standard home screen). Okay, back into the mail click again and now I am taken to where I wanted to go, but in a new tab. Complete waste of time and memory. Kind of like som of the Prime stuff ... if - then - else or that it does not switch to text if you write text etc (or shall I say ptc?)

A screen dump looks like this:

Woops - another one I pasted a screen dump, it was on my screen in the message, and now... just gone.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Did you paste it into the message? I seem to recall I tried that once, with the same result.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I don't see the tabs either and I have to agree with the logging in issue you have. It's so annoying being asked to log in and then not being taken to the link, instead being taken to the general page.

Mike

I have to agree with the logging in issue you have. It's so annoying being asked to log in and then not being taken to the link, instead being taken to the general page.

You can add one more to the list of people this annoys.

Steen,

I saw that you created an Idea titled "Line Break in any Position in an Equation" on April 19th in the Mathcad Community. I can assume you found the Ideas secetion.

I understand the disconnect when clicking a link within an email, having to login, and be brought to your home page rather than straight to the thread. A minor inconvenience, yes. I wouldn't classify as a disaster. You will only have to perform this login once every 24 hours, the system keeps you logged in for that time unless you perform a hard logout. I should also note that this will only occur if the thread you're trying to access is within a secure area such as this Mathcad Prime 3.0 group (or the Ideas section). If you were accessing a public space such as any one of the Mathcad sub-communities, you would be brought directly to the thread without being prompted to log in.

I hope this was helpful and I didn't confuse things more.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:DanMarotta)

You will only have to perform this login once every 24 hours, the system keeps you logged in for that time unless you perform a hard logout.

Not even close. At least, not for me. I don't know what the time is, but it doesn't even get me through a working day.

I don't want to hijack this thread and make it a PlanetPTC Community discussion. If you are having issues with the community platform, can't find certain features or have general feedback, feel free to open a discussion in the Community Help group.

I have to login in more frequently than 24 hours. Don't know why.

Part of the annoyance is that clicking on a mail, login, back to click on tha mail, and then it opens the correct thread in a new tab. So I have to tabs where just one i needed. You must be able to do better - on the other hand this may explain why so many things turns out as the do in Prime!

And yes I found the idea section, but it does not work. I can post an idea, but I cannot see any ideas (or I can but not the ones that Mona believes I can see) not even my own!?! So basically I can't vote and I'll never figure out if anybody has given an idea I want to support or to elaborate on. And then again this may explain why Prime is going the way it is.

Steen Groðe wrote:

...And yes I found the idea section, but it does not work. I can post an idea, but I cannot see any ideas (or I can but not the ones that Mona believes I can see) not even my own!?!...

Can you open this page?: http://communities.ptc.com/community/mathcad?view=idea

Pic_1.png

SteenGroðe
6-Contributor

Yep - so I can see these ideas and vote, but where is the link among the menu-stuff? Browse ideas takes med somewhere else (to other ideas but not the ones I found via your link).

First, you need to go into Mathcad community:

Pic_1.jpg

SteenGroðe
6-Contributor

well, you seem to be in the Mathcad space in the PTC community and from there I get PTC community ideas when I try to browse ideas...

And I really don't get why the Prime discussion is separated from the ideas, that I still can't find but using your link.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Steen Groðe wrote:

I have to login in more frequently than 24 hours.

I have the same issue. Without a doubt I have to login more than once in a 24hr period.

Mike

Mike,

Can you please show screenshot of your "Customer Support" window?

Attached below a list of ideas (at current time) for those who do not have access to the vote.

VladimirN. wrote:

Attached below a list of ideas (at current time) for those who do not have access to the vote.

Thanks for showing these Vladimir. The sad thing about them is that there are so few votes for any of them that it is easy for PTC to ignore them, because they think that not many people want them. Are there any ideas that have got a large number of votes (not sure what I mean by "large" here, but perhaps into the hundreds)?

Alan

Alan,

I will try to update this screenshots in process of appearance of new ideas in the list.

Top Tags