cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Equation Break line

malmeida2019
7-Bedrock

Equation Break line

Good night channel friends, I'm formatting a sheet in mathcad prime 5, and the following happened: 
the equation got bigger than the sheet, I would like to introduce a line break in the equation,
but the CTRL + Shift + Enter command does not work. The activation icon
(Equation Break is erased all the time, as shown).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are talking about the result of a symbolic evaluation I guess you are out of luck.

If you are talking about the input of an equation you may try to use Ctrl-Shift-+, Ctrl-Shift--, Ctrl Shift-* or Ctrl-Shift-/ to insert a line brake.

Note that the "Equation break" option only is active when an operator (+,-,* or /) is highlighted.

So you may enter 1+2+ and then the cursor left key (to highlight the last + sign) and then Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

Its easier in that case to use 1+2 and then Ctrl-Shift-+ to achieve the same effect.

For further questions its always better to attach the worksheet for clarification.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you are talking about the result of a symbolic evaluation I guess you are out of luck.

If you are talking about the input of an equation you may try to use Ctrl-Shift-+, Ctrl-Shift--, Ctrl Shift-* or Ctrl-Shift-/ to insert a line brake.

Note that the "Equation break" option only is active when an operator (+,-,* or /) is highlighted.

So you may enter 1+2+ and then the cursor left key (to highlight the last + sign) and then Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

Its easier in that case to use 1+2 and then Ctrl-Shift-+ to achieve the same effect.

For further questions its always better to attach the worksheet for clarification.

Thanks for the reply, it worked fine, and once again thank the friend.
Top Tags