cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Equation / function solver setup

keisenacher
1-Newbie

Equation / function solver setup

I am working on a sheet that uses strain compatibility to determine the neutral axis locations of a compression member with given axial forces.

I have attached the part of this sheet that I need help with. I believe I have everything set-up correctly for the constraints and have canceled units within the equations, but now I need to add a solving step. This should be able to work using a function definition with the Find function, but I have not been able to set this up correctly. I am also getting stuck trying to use multiple axial forces (in a vector) and getting an output of the corresponding neutral axis locations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Karl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK, got it.

See attached.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sorry, but I don't see any solve block with Find which would fail in your file!?

I did not include it as I believe it has to be part of a function to make this work. I am stuck on how to set up the Find for this situation. I am trying to find "c" given that Pu = Cc + Fs0 + Fs1 ... +Fs7.

OK, got it.

See attached.

Thanks Werner. You rock!

Top Tags