cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Equation variable depending

BPP
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

Equation variable depending

Hi

I have a main equation formed by a sub equation with two variables of interest (AA and BB), plus a third (D) that can not be cleared, so I solve by iteration with the help of the Given and Find commands.

My question is whether it is possible to direct the main equation as a function of AA and BB, and according to the values ​​that take these, calculate the variable "D" per iteration. Attached is an example for clarity of the problem I have and what I want to do.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:BPP)

Use vectorization.

1.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Like the attached?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

The trick is to turn the whole solve block into a function.

Maybe the attached file helps.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Much neater solution, I like it.

Mike Armstrong wrote:

It doesn't matter much in case of this relatively simply equation. But with a more complex solve block it sure would matter if you call the solveblock function D() just once or six times for every single value of RESP.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Werner Exinger wrote:

Mike Armstrong wrote:

It doesn't matter much in case of this relatively simply equation. But with a more complex solve block it sure would matter if you call the solveblock function D() just once or six times for every single value of RESP.

Good point. Even if this problem does not warrant optimisation, it is good practice to show it.

BPP
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

Many thanks to Mike and WE for their unconditional support.

BPP
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

Everything is fine when using the function, the problem occurs when I want to evaluate the function for a data matrix.

It is possible to assess the function "RESP" for a set of variables A1 and B1?

Thanks in advance

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Use vectorization.

1.png

BPP
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

Thank you very much

Top Tags