cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Error 1722 when installing M020

GrantThompson
1-Newbie

Error 1722 when installing M020

I downloaded M020 and installed it successfully on my desktop machine. However, when I attempt to install it on my laptop, I get the message:

"Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

Can anyone help with this, please?

Thanks,
Grant
5 REPLIES 5

Which OS?

Richard

Hi, Richard,

Thanks for responding.

I am using Windows XP Professional Version 5.1.

Grant

From the Knowledge base:

# Error �1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected� occurs when installing Mathcad.

Cause: This error generally occurs while trying to upgrade the Mathcad 14.0 from one datecode to another. Moreover is a generic Windows Installer error and is encountered for wide range of windows based products.

Solution: From Add/Remove programs, Un-install Mathcad 14, Mathcad 14 Help and Mathcad 14 Resource center. Latest datecode Mathcad 14.0 can be found here

http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_downloads.htm

Note:
Windows Vista users may uninstall using Programs and Features located in Control Panel.

Richard

Hi, Richard,

You are a very helpful person!

Thanks very much for the tip. I'll give it a try.

Cheers,
Grant

It worked!

Thanks again,
Grant
Top Tags